07/12/2017 (Ridgway, CO)
Wheat Foods Council Sets Program Plan
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tim O’Connor President
Ridgway, CO (July 12, 2017) – At its recent Summer Meeting, held in Manhattan, Kansas, the Wheat Foods Council (WFC) approved the program plan for its 2017-2018 fiscal year that began on July 1, 2017. The programs are the year two tactics of implementing the WFC’s strategic plan’s four core strategies:
- Personal Trainers – A partnership with Personal Trainers gives us the opportunity to provide additional balance to the conversation about the goodness of wheat foods.
- Enriched Wheat Products – Despite its presence in so many healthy, everyday foods, misperceptions about the goodness of enriched wheat still exists today. We continue to drive conversations about the many benefits enriched wheat products provide.
- Registered Dietitians – Our longstanding partnership with Registered Dietitians has paid healthy dividends, as they continue to amplify our strategic messaging through their expert voice.
- Modern Wheat – We have initiated a campaign to improve the image of modern wheat and wheat breeding by proactively addressing the misinformation through messaging to influencer groups using science-based facts.
WFC’s FY 2017-2018 Programs
- Exhibit at the largest Personal Trainer expo
- Grow our centerfornutritionandathletics.org website as a key hub to connect with Personal Trainers
- Expand our webinar presence building off our record setting initial webinar attendance of over 2000 Personal Trainers
- Develop a Personal Trainer app that trainers can use with their clients that includes nutrition advice, meal plans, menus, videos and tips.
- Create and distribute recipe and expert videos • Sponsor 2016 World Triathlon Championship Silver Medalist Michele Tuttle in her quest for Gold at the 2017 World Championships