- In your stand mixer bowl (or any other large bowl), mix the flours, oil, and salt together until the oil is mixed into the flour and the mixture is crumbly.
- Start by adding 3/4 cup of the warm water and keep mixing until the dough is smooth, about 4-5 minutes. Add the remaining water if needed to bring your dough to a smooth ball.
- Cut the dough into 10 pieces, roll each piece into a ball, and let them rest for 15 minutes, covered with a towel.
- Once rested, roll out the tortillas into 8 inch x 8 inch circles on a flour surface. If you move around the dough while rolling it makes it easy to get it round.
- Put a skillet over medium heat and let it warm up for 5-7 minutes before adding your first tortilla. The pan needs to be hot to brown the tortilla and cook it quick.
- Place the tortilla into the hot pan and let it cook for 2 minutes on the first side or until the top side starts to puff and the under is golden. Flip over and cook for another minute or 2. Repeat with the rest of your tortillas. Enjoy immediately.
- Cover and store at room temperature for up to 2 days. They also freeze really well for up to 8 weeks.
Source: Gemma Stafford