- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the sheet of puff
pastry to a 14-inch square. Lay it on the parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the mozzarella, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Brush the center square of the pastry with pesto, leaving a 3-inch border. Sprinkle with ¼ cup
breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with artichoke hearts.
- Spoon on half the mozzarella mix in dollops. Spoonon the caponata and sprinkle with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- Lay the roasted peppers on top and then spoon on the remaining cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the last ¼ cup breadcrumbs.
- Pull up the sides and corners of the puff pastry to cover the filling. Pinch the seams together to
seal them. Pat the torta into a nice square block. Brush the torta all over with egg and sprinkle
with sesame seeds.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until very brown and beginning to ooze cheese.
- Let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
Serves: 18 as an appetizer (8 as an entrée)