Inside a grilled pita, a beef burger loaded with a spices and onions, cool cucumbers and dill in sour cream combine for a completely new taste sensation.
Total Time 35 Minutes. Makes 4 Stuffed Pitas
- Using a fork, mix lamb, onion, parsley, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup oil in a large bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Make the Cucumber Sour Cream sauce. In a large bowl, combine the cut up cucumber, sour cream and salt. Stir in the chopped dill. Set aside
- Prepare grill for medium heat and oil grate. Working one at a time, open each pita pocket by cutting along seam, halfway around perimeter. Spoon filling into pitas, spreading to edges. Close, pressing on filling to seal.
- Grill pitas until filling is cooked through and bread is crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
- Carefully open the cut side of pita, spoon in the cucumber sour cream sauce, serve.
DO AHEAD: Filling can be made 8 hours ahead. Keep chilled. Pita breads can be stuffed 1 hour ahead. Cover and chill.