- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a jug, whisk together eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Whisk together the wet and the dry ingredients. Whisk while you spell out W.A.F.F.L.E.S, or 7 times roughly. A few Lumps and bumps are all good. Just like pancake batter, they work themselves out while the batter rests. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat your waffle iron to medium heat then generously butter or grease it. Spoon roughly 1/4-1/3 cup of batter into a preheated waffle iron.
- Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. (all waffle irons are different but roughly around 3-4 minutes) TIP: Resist the urge to open the waffle iron while cooking so you don’t let out all that lovely steam that will give you a crisp, brown waffle.
- Once cooked remove from the waffle iron and set aside. Repeat this process until all of the batter has been used.
To serve: Stack the waffles, top with butter, maple syrup and enjoy! Cover and store in the refrigerator for 1 day.