- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil and sugar; beat until well combined – about 1 minute.
- Add milk, vanilla and egg (or egg whites); blend well.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; gradually stir in liquid mixture and continue until well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes – 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Shape dough into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press cookie ball with the bottom of a glass to flatten. Cookies will be about 1 ½ inches in diameter and about ¼ inch thick and do not spread much when baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
FYI: These cookies are the hard, crunchy-type cookie that is good for dipping in milk, coffee, etc., not the “chewy” type.
Servings: 28 cookies, 1 serving = 1 cookie